Wednesday, April 5, 2017

A Star Was Born(Masai Hoshea Long's Home Birth)

Shalom Y'all,
                     I've had several people asked me about my home birthing experience. So I thought why not just post it here on my blogspot. So here it is the day my life was changed FOREVER,in one of the most beautiful ways possible.

 I had my other 2 Sun's all natural in a hospital (They're 23 and 21 yrs old now) however I was truly blessed with my healthy bundles of joy. Unfortunately the  experience was the worst ever!!! So after getting remarried,four years into our union we find out that we were pregnant...a T-R-U-E shock to say the least.

So here I am pregnant at 38yrs old...yikes right lol total surprise! My last birth was 16yrs ago. So I had enough knowledge to know a hospital birth was definitely not the route I wanted to take. I knew I was NOT about to deal with the emotional drama,and mental abuse  had to endure 16yrs earlier. I was older and MUCH wiser lol.

So for my now ex-hubby  and I a homebirth seemed like the best way to go. This was hub's 1st natural birthing experience...lol he did REALLY GOOD!! I was in labor for 17 1/2 hrs!! My contractions were killer,however I know the reward would definitely be worth it in the end.

So throughout  monstrous contractions I still had things that needed to do. So I set about doing them. I’m a chef,and cooking is a great stress reliever for me,so I cooked. I made homemade lasagna (for all the family that would be over the next day).,I also cook stew and cornbread (for my midwife and hubby for dinner that night) cleaned the house,played board games, drank water,juice,did the baby dance one last time. Lol not many can understand this,however having sex while in labor helps with the contractions. Hey it was gonna be six weeks till it could happen again😏lol). So overall this was the best birth ever. Even though it was 17 long hard hours of birth.  The pictures with me smiling was about 30ish minutes before I pushed Masai Hoshea out!!!

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/health-wellness/articles/2014/05/09/moms-should-you-eat-your-placentaWe also decided to get my placenta encapsulation into pills. So if your pregnant or plan to become pregnant in the this is definitely something worth looking into. I didn't do it with #1 and #2,however I did with #3. Although I only used a few of my pills I definitely could tell a difference in my emotional well-being, and those firsts days of breastfeeding.

Also as is customary for my family for and a  tradition that started with my oldest Sun. We waited 8 days to have our Sun circumcised. That was also the day we revealed his name to all of our family, friends,and loved ones in the form of a beautiful African Traditional Naming Ceremony.


                                                                                                                   Light,Love,and Shalom
                                                                                                                                 SunniDelight💙
                                                                                                                                   








No comments:

Post a Comment