Sunday, April 16, 2017

The Benefits of Stillness and Meditation

Shalom Y'all,
                  The beginning of the year I started a meditation course online. To say it's been beneficial is an understatement. So I decided to share what I've learned so far. Mediation doesn't have to be a painful experience, that's why it's best to do what works for you. I've been meditating all my life in many none traditional ways.

1.Reading Torah in a quiet space
2.When I'm walking or jogging
3.When I'm using my gift of creating new dishes
5.Connecting to Moma earth.
6.Breastfeeding my Sun

Like I said there's many ways to find peace, in a world full of chaos and confusion.   Meditation is an amazing tool to teach children as well. Masai and I meditate every night before bed. I've found that doing this before bed helps him to sleep more soundly, and through the whole night.  I feel if your children can sit through a whole episode of cartoons,or playing vidoe games,they should be able to meditate the same leight of time. Maybe not in the beginning, but over time.

Lol now there will be lots of tears,kicking,and screaming at first, however the long term affect will be definitely worth it. So center yourself and focus on what works best for you and your family. There's tons of health benefits to Stillness and Meditation as well check out this article in HuffPost from 2014! with information that's still relevant in 2017! http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5842870
                                                                                                                   Light,Love,and Shalom
                                                                                                                                SunniDelight💙

No comments:

Post a Comment