Monday, August 29, 2016

Our Breastfeeding Journey

Shalom Y'all
         This week is National Black Breastfeeding Week. It's a week for those of us who breastfeed. It is a time when we as mom's can come together and talk about the joys,perks,pains,and encourage other's on their breastfeeding journey. I'm blessed to have fed three Sun's at my breast with #3 and I still currently going strong!!!

I didn't have a lot of the issues that most of my siSTAR's had on their breastfeeding journey. I already know without a shadow of a doubt I would breastfeed if I had children. Growing up for me it was the norm. Although I was not breastfed all my little cousins that came after me definitely were. So I was blessed to see my Aunties breastfeeding.

I breastfed all three of my Sun's to a year,however my youngest and I are going on a few months shy of four years now!!!! We still haven't come up with an official stop date...lol. However when you are surrounded by people who support you in your journey, it makes it so much more easier to have a successful breastfeeding relationship. My hubby has been extremely supportive of our journey😀.

However what people sometimes fail to tell you is although it's beautiful and the most natural way to nurture your baby,for some it's a lot of work. The blessing is now there's so many amazing resources out there to educate yourself to prayerfully ensure a happy and successful breastfeeding journey!!!

                                                                                                                   Light,Love,and Shalom
                                                                                                                               SunniDelight💙

No comments:

Post a Comment