Monday, June 12, 2017

The BeYOUitful Melanated Child



             I pray your start of the week has been full of family,friends dreams reached,goals met,and lots of love. Our week so far has been uneventful. However my  youngest Sun Masai the Warrior is full of life and keeps me extremely busy.

              He is so full of life and tons of energy....I repeat active and FULL of energy!! As we go through out day to day route I watch him sweep through our daily curriculum and activities,and I'm like woow this lil dude is freaking AWESOME. I've been BLESSED to have birth three of the greatest contribution to the world in the form of my 3 AMAZING Sun's😀.

               However #3 has been something of a relearning experience.. lol. Being an older parent(hub's and I will be 58 when he walks across the stage). So at a few months short of 42yrs old I laugh...thinking what the hezzz I done got myself into. Although this is not my first ride on the bus of parenthood (I've got a 22 and 20yr old Sun's).

                It's really scary with all that's going on in the world right now, police opening fire on us like it's hunting season,and Africans not knowing their worth killing each other. This world is a kinda screwed up place.

                  Nonetheless I try hard not to clip his wings with my fears, of what it means to be a melanated male in this world today. I already have anxieties when it comes to his brother's who are out in the elements.

                    So as hard as it's been seeing our babies being gunned down like animals in the street. I've decided I just have to find a peaceful balance, for my sun. While still instilling healthy discipline, boundaries, communication, and lots of love, patience and understanding. So that he'll be a productive member in society(that unfortunately in a lot of ways still doesn't respect him).I know it'll be work, and hard at time, however such is life!
 
                     So if you have a natural born leader (I've been blessed with three), my advice would be keep nurturing their spirit, through love, prayer, meditation and physical stimulating and watch them soar to be all that the Most High has destined them to be, despite a world that wants to stunt his growth!!!




Sunni Delights

No comments:

Post a Comment