Friday, February 10, 2017

Melanated History Month(Maggie Lena Walker)

Shalom Y'all,
      Mrs. Maggie Lena Walker is the Melanated Hero we are celebrating today. Mrs. Maggie Lena Walker was the first Melanated woman to ran a bank! On November 2,1903 Saint Luke Penny Savings Bank was open in Richmond Virginia. On the grand opening there were almost 300 customer. That day some people open accounts with as little as $0.31,and other with $100.00.

 Masai and I had a blast learning about the first Melanated woman to own a bank. We may not own our own bank,however I do believe in saving and teaching our children to do the same. I have the say account that I opened at age 14. I've encouraged my Sun's to save there money. So for birthdays the money they receive goes in to their accounts they opened up at the ages of 3,4,and 6 years old. I believe wholeheartedly that this is something that we should install in our children,and more importantly is to help them invest their money in a Melanated Owned Bank if possible. http://www.blackpast.org/aah/walker-maggie-lena-1867-1934

                                                                                                                           Light,Love,Shalom
                                                                                                                                 SunniDelight💙

No comments:

Post a Comment