Tuesday, June 6, 2017

I Salute You REAL Men Stand Up(Bonafyde G.Weddington)

Today's I Salute You REAL Men Stand Up is Bonafyde G.Weddington! I actually first met G at the Blue Room in KC at a Poetry Event. Dat o'l country boi got dem SKILLS..lol!!!

Then in 2009 we officially met when the hubby,(guy I was just dating at the time..hehe),use to host one of the DOPEST weekly poetry events in KC named U-LIT!! It was beYOUitful to see Melanated people's(especially Men),coming together, to express themselves,talk about cultural, current events, and the likes.

Not only is G cold on the mic,dat boi got dem hands in the kitchen. I use to make it a point to go hungry to U-Lit on Wednesday so I could get my eat on..lol. There are so many factors to the one known as Bonafyde G. I have grown to have so much respect for him as a poet,and professional chef. However what I most admire about G,is his love and devotion for his children.

In a generation were being a half-ass deadbeat parent(father),is unfortunately the norm,it's pretty dope when you see those that are definitely exceptions to the rules. So G not that you need me to give you kudos. Nonetheless in the 9-10 years or so we have known each other,I have so much respect for you.

I'll never forget after Davar and I had been married for a few years,your remark was you the Real one,he(Davar),had other ones, but you the keeper Sun...lol. We laughed about that for days..lol! Anywho I Salute You Sir,and pray Abba Yah continue to bless the work of your hands,and cover your beYOUitful babies in safety and shalom...light,and love!!!
#Brothers
#YouAre
#Needed
#Brothers
#YouAre
#Appreciated
#Brothers
#YouAre
#Valued
#Brothers
#YouAre
#Loved
#SunniDelightđź’™

No comments:

Post a Comment