Saturday, June 3, 2017

I Salute You REAL Men Stand Up(Eric Person)

Today's I Salute You REAL Men Stand Up is Eric Person! Eric and I first met at a Community event, where Mama C was speaking. Our encounter was brief, however I was very interested in the work he was doing as a Melanated Farmer in KC.

Several weeks later I saw a class he was offering and jumped on the opportunity. My Sun and I have had a garden every year off his life,with most of the food he plants all by his self. So I thought it would be pretty dope for him to see a man(that looked like him) planting,and growing food. This has become  something Masai loves to do.

Eric's class was very informative and educational. Masai soaked up every single word of it. So much so that when we got home he told his Abba all about the man with the loc's and Red,Black,and Green(which are his favorite colors) wrist bands,and beYOUitful tribel markings.  When he would see post from Eric(on my Facebook page while breastfeeding... lol) he'd get super excited... lol. One day he told his Abba and I that he loved him.

So Eric I know it gets discouraging when you're pouring all you got,into a broken system that doesn't understand,or value what they have in you...can be extremely overwhelming. Nonetheless know your work is needed,appreciated,and valued! Even when it seems no one cares, we salutes you. Also know there's a little boy from the Dotte that watches everything you do,great or small.

So not only do you have the Ancestors holding you up,and surrounding you in positive energy and shalom, you have Masai manifesting Black joy and PRIDE, by seeing the labor of love,and the gifts from your hands. So keep pushing,and lighting the way for the little Melanated children who will benefit from your legacy(Uncle E)..... now that's truly Manifesting Black Joy!
#Brothers
#YouAre
#Needed
#Brothers
#YouAre
#Appreciated
#Brothers
#YouAre
#Valued
#Brothers
#YouAre
#Loved
#SunniDelight

No comments:

Post a Comment