Wednesday, May 17, 2017

The Ima Edition(The Beauty of Melanie a Celebration of SISTARhood)

Today's The Beauty of Melanie a Celebration of SISTARhood is Ima Charlotte and Ima Hakima!!! These to beYOUitful souls have been VERY instrumental in my growth as a Melanated Warrior. The grace in which these two Queen Ima's carry themselves is a true testimony of their connection to Royalty.

Ima Charlotte and Ima Hakima passion for representing us on the front line is so encouraging. I love how they stand FIRM in their beliefs and always true to the eto the culture. They travel far and wide keeping our history alive,through education, stories,poetry,drumming circles and the likes.

However don't be deceived they will come with the quickness in a minute,and  shut it down....lol. They understand the vision and will not be swayed by the powers that be,but will go toe to toe in battle for what they stand for(community). For me personally I've watched them and have tried to soak up the jewels of knowledge they have to share.

Ima Charlotte and Ima Hakima were not given silver spoon,however regardless of life circumstances they've moved forward,and are building a TRUE legecy behind,for the next generation to pick up arms and fight. I feel blessed whenever I'm in their presence, because I know I'm standing in the presence of greatness. No I don't worship any man,however I do understand the importance of giving respect were it's due. So in my mind these are two me what Queen Elizabeth is to England.

Ima Charlotte and Ima Hakima I love you,and appreciate you,thankful to know you, blessed to be able to soak up knowledge at yo knee(no matter near or far). Thank you for being examples of what my generation should aspire to be as Melanated Warrior's for battle,not just for us,but our children,our family and friends,our people,our health and our community.
#WeAre
#STRONG
#INeedYou
#YouNeedMe
#ThisIs
#HowYou
#BuildCommunity
#AndUnity
#IAmMy
#SistarsKeeper
#SunniDelight✊✊✊

1 comment: